Friday, March 06, 2009

To Prestat or Not?

To Prestat or Not?





When searching out my favorite cafés, may they be in Stockholm or New York, or even Tokyo for that matter, I'm always on the lookout for some stellar hot chocolate. Some places in Stockholm serve O'boy packets with hot water (I'm looking at you City Konditori!), but my dearest boyfriend bought me some snooty chocolate flakes for Christmas because I asked Café Saturnus to show me how they made their hot chocolate (this is the sort of hot chocolate that makes up for a cold slushy grey day in Stockholm), and the server showed me small chocolate chips.

I've been using Prestat at home and been satisfied, not ecstatic, but yesterday I happened to have whole milk at home and voila. Mystery solved. For the truly decadent it has to start with melted dark chocolate and whole milk ...

Prestat is, by the way, "By Appointment To Her Majesty The Queen" (the British one, not the Swedish one) it doesn't get snootier than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment