Sunday, September 04, 2005

simple mushroom soup

I had been at Doma's earlier this year and enjoyed the simplest and yet most delicious soup I had had in a long time: mushroom soup. When eating it, I realized it was just a blended mushrooms in a brace of vegetable broth. I highly suggest you try this at home.

Simplest Mushroom Soup

2 baskets of mushrooms (I used button being on a budget) brushed off and sliced
1 medium onion minced
2 cloves of garlic minced or roasted garlic
4 c vegetable or chicken broth
Olive oil

Immersion blender

Mince onion, saute in olive oil over medium high heat until transparent. Add minced garlic for one minute until fragrant, add sliced mushrooms and saute until softened, add four cups of broth, bring to boil, and then simmer for 15-30 minutes. Use immersion blender until mushrooms are in small pieces. I like mushroom soup with goat cheese toasts (take good bread, spread goat cheese on and then toast in oven or toaster oven).

No comments:

Post a Comment