Thursday, June 11, 2009

how to make Thai Ice tea

Ever live somewhere Thai Ice Tea is nearly impossible to find?

Thai ice tea - a sweet milky tea concoction colored brilliantly orange, is hard to be found in this area of the world (Stockholm). I would step in and out of Thai restaurants (there are like six in my neighborhood) and ask for Thai ice tea and they would shake their heads at me and my limited Thai vocabulary.

But:




I finally found it

Turns out I'm too lazy to take a pix of the tea I'm drinking now, but here's a picture of it from a former post.



I seep about four teaspoons of Thai tea with 3 teaspoons of sugar, then I strain it with some paper towel or cheesecloth-like item (it will get stained orange though, to note), pour it over ice, add unsweetened condensed milk, and then add water until it's suitably thinned.

There is a distinct danger of drinking too many Thai ice teas in a row when it's suddenly so accessible.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:54 PM

    Nice blog Joy. I was looking for ice tea and came across your blog, just take a look at this article which details how to make ice tea generally... How to make ice tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwesome.
    And that's, um, a pretty wacky site, no? The soundtrack cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for both the compliment and the link!

    ReplyDelete