Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Grilled Cheese ...

... nothing else could ever take your place in my heart!

An L.A. friend tipped me off to The Grilled Cheese Truck, a mobile effort to bring grilled cheese into the world.




I have not been able to try it, being roughly half the world away from the City of Angels, but that oozing cheese logo gives me satisfying hits of homeyness, melty cheese, and the lovely crispness of buttered and grilled bread.

Did you know Swedes do *not* eat grilled cheese sandwiches? They are an open-faced sandwich culture. It's true.

There's definitely a panini or two around here. First, there was the steak houses, then the burger joints, and then the cascades of muffins (cupcakes), could it be that Swedes will soon adopt the ever so savory grilled cheese sandwich? One can only hope.

Last word is, whoever thought of Cheesy Mac with BBQ pork and carmelized onions is officially my hero.

1 comment:

  1. I think Swedes get their grilled-cheese-sandwich fixes from "panini" without even realizing it.

    ReplyDelete