Saturday, February 02, 2008

An excellent crumb

Project Madeleine Non Madeleines is a success!

zest of one lemon
2/3 c white sugar
2/3 c flour
half a stick of salted butter
1/4 t baking powder
2 eggs
splash of vanilla extract

one nonstick muffin tin or muffin cups

Preheat oven to 350 F

Melt butter. Blend eggs, then add sugar, and vanilla extract, keep blending. throw in flour, baking powder and zest.

Bake for 10-12 minutes. Tea cakes should look slightly golden brown. Tip out onto cooling rack.

Mumsfillibaba, or so they say in Swedish.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh. Madeleines are on my to-do list, but I've always hesitated because I lack a madeleine pan. Somehow I never thought to get around this problem by using a muffin tin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heehee, I had been swayed by not having a madeleine tin either! turns out they are still delicious in any shape!

    ReplyDelete