Wednesday, July 12, 2006

a bouchon, please?

"What is a bouchon?" I asked approaching the ravishing display of pastries.



Apparently, bouchons are these rich chocolatey mini cakes which are right between the texture of a dense cake and brownie with a center of soft chocolate chips inside. They immediately hit the chocolate spot.



After eating the bouchon, I had to go back and investigate more and went there for lunch.



Who wouldn't want to investigate after looking at that pastry case. I ordered their soup and sandwich. First off, it's wonderful that Bouchon Bakery understands that sometimes you just want some tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. I love grilled cheese sandwiches so much that I both wrote a poem about them, and cite "He Made Me a Grilled Cheese Sandwich Last Night" by Lauren Rathvon as one of my favorites.

I loved the pointy ended breads they serve you to munch on with salted butter before your entree comes, but I wasn't overly impressed with my soup and sandwich, although if I do go again, I might try one of their salads or sandwiches. But I guess I'll stick to bouchons in the meantime. At two dollars a pop, you can be sure I'm going to be stopping by often.

No comments:

Post a Comment