Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Monofloral wonder

After breakfasting extensively at the Chambres D'Hotes in France (a Chambres D'Hotes is a French equivalent of a B&B), I couldn't help but be won over by their simple hosting style for breakfast.


A bounty of delicious and often homemade jams (watermelon, apricot & almond, etc), yogurt, some bread and a mild cheese, and then some baked goods. All right, the low maintenance part is the first part of the description.



There would also always be some honey. Southern France is rather famous for its honey and why wouldn't it be. There's a heady perfume in the air during the summer.



I contemplated the honey shelf since the lavendar honey is the most famous from southern France, but since lavendar is such a strong flavor, I doubted I would use it so often, so I wound up purchasing orange blossom honey instead. The flavor is sweet and citrusy, golden.

I'm interested in trying other monoflorals! Apparently there is also wild raspberry and apple blossom. I can't wait to try them all. I wonder where the archipelago bees are living with their delectable honey (there are masses of plum, apple, wild raspberry canes, and honeysuckle flowers on the island).

In any event need to go find myself a good honey drizzler or spoon though!

No comments:

Post a Comment