Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Delights of Buckthorne and Wild Roses

I just returned from London.



It was terribly amusing when I entered Harvey Nichols and headed straight to the gourmet jam isle. Did I know? I didn't! But it drew me, nonetheless, like a bee to pollen. After all, it is bees we have to thank for for jams in the first place!

Nonetheless. I chuckled to myself while I rearranged the jam jars so they would look more photogenic. I debated with myself for some minutes if I really was going to purchase Swedish jam when I live in Sweden, and this was London, but since I enjoyed the jellies at the Grand Hotel (Stockholm) with that interesting buckthorne taste, I had to try it.

The verdict is uniquely delicious. Rosehip and wild buckthorne jam I highly recommend. I am noticing more and more that my favorite jams are on the lower end of sugar. Usually this means it is 60% fruit and 40% sugar thereabouts.

Seeing we have both rosehips AND buckthorne at the country house I might need to try to make a huge batch of this jam myself! Endless tasty on toast. The jar label recommends with savoury foods as well. Perhaps? Perhaps.

2 comments:

  1. sounds good. I'll look out for it! Ikea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you can find it at Ikea, but more high end gourmet stores. You can order it online too within the US

    ReplyDelete