Friday, July 29, 2005

The Dinner Omelette

My first dinner in Bangkok, my cousin took me around and around dozens of food stalls with innumerable tasty delights. Overwhelmed by all the choices, I finally asked my cousin to choose for me, and she brought me around to an omelette stall.

To me, the sweet chilli sauce is the necessary sauce to make it exactly the right taste. I have cut down the oil though significantly.

Thai Pork Omelette Kai Yad Sai

6 oz ground pork or chicken or oysters
1/2 ripe tomato diced
1/4 minced onion
2 tsp sugar
1 1/2 T fish sauce
1/4 t soy sauce
dash white pepper
3 eggs

Garnish: few sprigs of cilantro, red chilli finely sliced

Heat vegetable oil and add the minced pork with all the seasonings, then after it's fully cooked, then add tomato and onion for another two to three minutes, set aside.

Heat small pan and make a really thin egg crepe and cook on both sides, add a few tablespoon of filling and make a square. Garnish with cilantro and chilli.

Or mix in the filling with the egg if you can't be bothered to make individual omelettes.

Serve with Thai sweet chilli sauce and rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment